Wednesday 12 August 2009

"How to..." knitted felted bags

The first item sold on made4aid was a knitted felted bag, bought by Barbara who was pleased with it and said some very nice things about it.



And I've gained a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment making some more, which will be auctioned here in due course.
Here are some sneak previews:





But if any of you are knitters - why not make your own? For yourself, your friends, even for made4aid...

I first thought of making these as I've made a promise to myself to make projects based primarily on stocks I have already, rather than buying more yarn, fabric.... etc... (vintage and second-hand finds don't count, of course :-} ).

And this is a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn, bits and pieces - especially if you knit with a few strands combined together as I do.

I don't think you need to be an expert knitter to make these bags, and I've found felting in the washing machine very easy.

So, if you are interested in patterns, ideas, instructions, I've written this post on my own craft blog, where you'll ind more information.

And let us know how you get on!


2 more, not quite finished yet:

No comments:

Post a Comment